It is the holiday season: five meetings of family in succession, ten hours of accumulated fatigue. Far too many desserts and small bites are in perspective (clearly my case here). The time for a small daily training is restricted, to give place to several small ones toast, and above all, a lot of fun! We all pass there once a year, and often this results in a small (or big) disaster for our skin (and even our body in general). Between two Christmas songs, here is a little guide to tips and tips to wear radiant skin, in this frenzy!
Short nights, preceded by a feast of salty food, all mixed with the December temperature changes can lead to fluid retention below the eyes and make you feel puffy!
To remedy :
- Add an extra pillow while sleeping. This allows the head to be elevated and thus help not to accumulate too much fluids.
- Make compresses of fresh water (the modern method of cucumber compresses). Tap for a few minutes gently the area around the eyes with a cotton swab dipped in cold water.
- Upon lifting, gently massage the area around the eyes with a little oil or moisturizing cream (not perfumed!) Very important not to aggravate the situation by irritating your eyes!
The stress of the holiday season, more make - up than usual, going to bed late, and without having removed make - up / washed face or simply change our usual routine because we are on the move can contribute to the " appearance of buttons.
To remedy / prevent:
- Imperatively remove make-up and cleanse the face at the end of each evening, even half asleep. Bioderma cleansing wipes are a gem.
- Use a suitable exfoliator on a regular basis throughout this period.
- To improve this situation and many others, relax! : P
The house of your host heated with electricity, or even the dry air of the shops, combined with your skating outdoors, all crowned with a few glasses of champagne, can help to dry your skin.
To remedy :
- The best solution will remain to use a moisturizer, without fragrances, morning and evening! For intense drought cases, adding a good moisturizing oil (not an essential oil please!) Can help soothe the skin.
- Installing a humidifier in the bedroom is also a good solution to help remedy this problem.
Lastly, we will never say enough, drinking a lot of water and moving are musts, as much for the body as for the spirit!
Mayo clinic staff. (2014) Bags under eyes. Spotted at: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bags-under-eyes/basics/definition/con-20034185
Yosipovich, G., Tang, M., Dawn, AG, Chen, M., Goh, CL, Chan, YH, & Seng, LF (2007). Study of psychological stress, sebum production and acne vulgaris in adolescents. Acta dermato-venereologica, 87(2), 135-139.
Chiu, A., Chon, SY, & Kimball, AB (2003). The response of skin disease to stress: changes in the severity of acne vulgaris as affected by stress. Archives of dermatology, 139(7), 897-900.